VITAMIN C SUSPENSION 23% + HA SPHERES 2%
The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%
Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2% by The Ordinary is a water-free, silicone-free stable suspension.
• Uneven Tone
• Signs of Age
Vitamin C is an effective antioxidant that brightens the skin tone and reduces the appearance of signs of aging. This product is a water-free suspension of 23% L-Ascorbic Acid powder.
The Ordinary's portfolio of Vitamin C includes the following formulations:
Vitamin C Suspension 30% in Silicone
Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%
Ascorbyl Glucoside Solution 12%
Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate Solution 20% in Vitamin F
Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate 10%
Ascorbic Acid 8% + Alpha Arbutin 2%
Ethylated Ascorbic Acid 15% Solution
100% L-Ascorbic Acid Powder
Note: The format of this formula is a suspension of very fine L-Ascorbic Acid powder and, as such, provides the most direct exposure of extremely high concentrations of Vitamin C topically. With such format, there are 2 important things to consider:
1) A very strong tingling but non-irritating sensation is expected during the first 1-2 weeks of use until the skin's tolerance to such high exposure is elevated. If the sensation is too strong to tolerate, the formula can be mixed on each application with other creams or serums of your preference.
2) The powder exposure to the skin disallows the formula to feel like a serum, lotion or cream and each application requires a few seconds to feel absorbed by the skin. This formula feels gritty for a few seconds after application. If you prefer to avoid this gritty feel, we suggest our Vitamin C Suspension 30% in Silicone.
Alternative products on the market offer suspensions of Vitamin C in water-free formulations in heavier silicone bases to avoid the "powdery" feel of the suspension. These formulations do keep the Vitamin C stable but they are almost always offered in heavier silicone bases that interfere with efficient exposure of the entire Vitamin C content to the skin (the silicone entraps the Vitamin C). This formula avoids the use of silicones and offers complete and direct exposure of the entire powder content to the skin, maximizing topical delivery. If you prefer a lighter silicone base instead for a smoother skin feel, we suggest our Vitamin C Suspension 30% in Silicone.
- Apply a small amount to face in the AM or the PM (ideally PM). Avoid contact with the eyes. A tingling sensation can be expected after application. If the sensation is too strong to tolerate, the formula can be mixed on each application with other creams or serums of your preference
- Weight = 30ml
The Ordinary do not test on animals. All products are free of parabens, sulphates, mineral oil, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, animal oils, benzalkonium chloride, coal tar dyes, formaldehyde, mercury and oxybenzone.
Please click here for a comprehensive guide on choosing and using The Ordinary formulations
The Ordinary's formulations are updated from time to time as part of their commitment to innovation. As such, the ingredient list shown here may vary from the box of the product depending on time and region of purchase.
AUSTRALIA WIDE SHIPPING
- We offer FREE EXPRESS SHIPPING Australia wide on all orders over $70.00
- $9 shipping charge for all orders under $70.00
- Please see our Shipping Page for further info
- Due to Covid-19, we are currently only offering shipping to New Zealand
- Flat rate fee of $15 for all New Zealand orders. Please click here for full details